Sunday, August 13, 2006

oops....

so today i went to the grocery store and i was a bit shocked at the amount of my bill. i felt like i was keeping track pretty well in my head as i shopped around. i got home and was having a look at the receipt and realized that i had purchased something that was 18,000 won. what?!?!?! i did not buy anything that was that pricey. i remembered deciding whether or not i should 3,950 won on a glade plug in so i know that i had not placed anything in my basket that was quite that much. the entire receipt is in korean so it is not like i could figure out what exactly the item was on my own. i had to recruit help from my friend suzy who informed me that the pricey item was the juice packets in my fridge. again....what?!?!?! are you kidding?!?!? well, folks today was my first "oops" moment. i just purchased a box of 4, yes i said four, juice packets for 18,000 won which is roughly about $18. USD. WOW!!!! they better be good is all i have to say. i could not believe it. i really must have 1) read the wrong tag or 2) miscounted the zeros on the label. :) oh well, my fine juice and i will enjoy one another. it was definitely my first completely laughable moment here in seoul!!! :)

here is the cute little box that my juice packets came in...

here is the juice packet......i have four of them. :)

No comments: