as i write this blog...she is just waking up and warming herself in the texas sunshine (or being drizzled with rain from the latest weather reports). either way she is just starting her day. all over the state folks are being woken up by that great blue sky (or cloudy one) but it doesn't matter.
- i miss the crazy awesome sunsets we have.
- i miss small towns that are quaint and friendly.
- i miss texas cooking---nothing like a good country style breakfast.
- i miss the fresh clean air.
- i miss kolaches (the little hole in the wall place near bingle and long point is the best!)
- i miss the green that is texas (even though there is not much in houston proper).
- i miss the incredible diversity that the state brings---people, opinions, lifestyles, music, arts....it is a crazy mix!
- i miss friends and family that are warm and welcoming.
- i miss chatting about the weather with random folks (especially if they are over 70 and live in the country).
- i miss the landscape (modern and not so).
- i miss the feeling of just being in texas...you know you are in texas when you cross the border....it just "feels" like texas with or without a sign to inform you of location.
- i miss green signs with city names and populations on them.
- i miss wandering through antique and junk shops with my mom.
- i miss drinking coffee at all the cool shops inside the loop.
- i miss freebirds!
TEXAS....I MISS YOU!!!